It appears that more and more adults are being diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome these days.
Although, there are several organizations geared towards children on the spectrum, finding help can prove to be quite challenging for a newly diagnosed adult on the spectrum.
So, where is one to go?
The following is a short list of sites that offer resources, education, and support.
- Aspergers Association of New England offers information on adult diagnosis, assistance, and intervention.
- Amazon.com offers a slew of titles to help you further educate yourself.
- Amazon.com forum for Aspie adults..
- Aspires (Aspergers Syndrome Partners & Individuals Resources, Encouragement & Support)
- Great blog with helpful information on living with AS.
- Interesting articles by a woman diagnosed with AS at age 40.
- AutismHelp.org offers helpful information for adult life with AS.
- Book on cognitive-behavioral therapy information for adults with AS.
- The National Autistic Society offers basic information and resources.
- A site offering e-courses on Aspergers.